Friday, December 13, 2013

December 13, 2013

14 degrees here this morning. Dry, clear, cold. Really nice!

The first pic is the winter shelters for the ewes.

Pic #2 is one of the breeding groups. Three ewes and a ram.

Pic #3 is the main ewe flock leaving their Premier round bale feeder to come see me as I take their pic.

Pic #4 is Earls' Brother. Perhaps one of THE friendliest and trusting rams I've ever owned. He is a classic example of those sheep who seek out human interaction and affection. I love him!
 Pic #5 is of Freckles (R) and Andy (L). Both lively, curious and friendly boys. Andy is one of the flock sires this year. Hopefully Freckles will be too.

And last - the Percheron team, Paladin (R) and Dick (L).

Yesterday I dropped off some wool products in town at the whole foods store, and have begun to plan for a website where we can showcase and offer our hand made wool items.

Today I'll be immersed in weaving and spinning after feeding the critters.
 I'm waiting for some fiber to come back from the mill and getting ready to send out more. This time I'll send out more organic wool and some fiber to make wool mattress toppers and comforters. I've been wanting to do that for a long time. I also have a few more pelts to ship.

So, daylight is coming and its time to suit up for the feeding and watering chores before everyone starts calling to me.

Regards,
Kathryn



No comments:

Post a Comment