Monday, April 28, 2014

Monday - Can't Trust That Day?

Quick check in here folks, before the day begins to unfold.

Sun lighting up the trees across the road as I type this and figure out how to proceed today.

Looking out on the ewe pasture I see one or two ewes that could lamb today so you can bet I'm not going anywhere and have the oven timer set for regular intervals to remind me to look in on everyone. I hate to miss a lambing if I don't have to. I like to witness so I know who was born first, who was breech, if anyone, who was last, who struggled and who passed the placenta. Not being there means I don't always get that info and it leaves blanks in the lambing history along with unanswered questions.

The youngest lambs of Ebonys' have made it through the night and my goal today is to shear both Ebony and Caden now that I don't need to worry about them being in late gestation.

We'll see how the shoulder holds out as the day progresses. Thankfully it seems to be mending and each day I get more pain free use of it. Last night I actually was able for the first time in weeks, to lie flat to sleep. Thank God.

Okay, I'm off and will keep you posted as the day unfolds.

Regards,
Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment